Just having passed my 41st birthday… and now its going to be a brand new year starting tomorrow.
That’s the good thing about having a birthday sandwiched between Christmas and New Year celebrations… everyone is still in a celebration mood all week and tends to be more generous and cheery. 🙂
What does breezing past 40 means to me? Well….
- It feels more airy on my head…. no longer was the prime real estate of my head overpopulated with hairs.
- I have a preference for bigger font size now…. if it gets too small, my once-upon-a-time Sniper “one shot one kill” eyes just refuse to cooperate.
- It takes more effort and discipline to keep my physical body in peak condition. Having refrain from exercising for the pass 6 weeks due to a shoulder injury, I could see muscle atrophy at an alarming rate.
- my chest could no longer fill a B-cup bra… it’s as flat as the airport runway.
- my arms are as slender as a woman’s
- my belly loses its definitions and show signs of pregnancy.
- Sex was a journey of conquest, it is now a journey of bonding.
- I feel more at peace and present.
- What I lose in physical ability, I gain in mental capacity.
- I understand that the Main thing is to keep the Main thing to the Main thing.
And in 2009, which will be tomorrow, here are the 12 things I want to do for a better life…
- Sit in silence and quiet the mind for at least 10 minutes each day. Make time for meditation.
- Read more books than I did in 2008.
- Dream more when I am awake.
- Don’t compare, don’t judge.
- Don’t win every argument, agree to disagree.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Understand that however good or bad a situation is, IT WILL CHANGE.
- Believing that THE BEST IS YET TO COME.
- No matter how i feel, get up, dress up, show up and CHEER UP.
- Give something good to others each day.
- Spend time with people over 60 and under 6.
- If others can do it, I too can do it, if others cannot do it, then I MUST do it.
Wishing all an abundant year ahead. May you find joy in giving, fulfillment in sharing and peace with everything. Happy New Year.